He out-did me!
These are the christmas presents I got from hubby.
1. Something useful/for a quid or less – a pair of bedsox from Poundland.
2. Something humorous/for about a tenner – a do-it-yourself voodoo kit.
3. Something home-made from stuff lying around the house/luxurious:
This is where I couldn’t hope to compete! A promise of a concrete birdbath made from sand/cement left over from our extension. PLUS: A cute little birdie house to hang in the pear tree.
My presents to him.
1. Something useful/for a tenner (OK OK – I cheated – so what!) A trolley jack – it was fifty quid. (His old one expired last week under the strain of a poorly land-rover and I couldn’t think of anything else at four-thirty on Christmas eve)
2. Something humorous/home-made from stuff lying around the house: A chocolate cake with a stuck-in-the-chocolate-icing-pretend-mud range-rover on top (see No. 3 below)
3. Something luxurious/for a quid or less: a new top of the range Range Rover Sport in black (OK OK I cheated again! It was £1.99 from Woolies).
From this you can see why I had to cheat with No. 1: it was imperative that I kept to my land-rover theme and anything else just wouldn’t do!