- My agent liked the re-write. I’m so relieved. I’ve had to send the manuscript off as an e-mail attachment ready for it to tiptoe in next to the big boys next Tuesday.
- It feels a bit like packing a four-year old off to school for the first time. I feel physically sick with nerves.
- Anyway, less about the novel. I’m on a diet. It’s called the ‘book cover diet’ and it’s the most effective diet I have ever embarked upon. Every time I even think of eating something I shouldn’t the thought that maybe, just maybe, in a few months’ time my picture may be taken for a book cover spurs me on. I joined Weight Watchers a week last Monday. Each week I promise (flippin’ ‘eck, now that’s done it) to post my weight loss for the previous week on my blog. I also promise to publish a little bit of wisdom on dieting, or a tip each week to help you lose weight.
- I lost 3lb the first week
- Here’s the tip for the week. Drink loads of water. Use the loos on the top floor of the building at work thus necessitating climbing two flights of stairs about twenty times a day whilst at work. This means that your employer will be paying for your daily workout. This type of activity with henceforth be known as functional inconvenience.